Kindergarten

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

We walked behind her letting her lead the way and I just stared at the big blonde curls bouncing with every step she took.

Evaluation day is sort of like Coronation day in the eyes of my little real life princess.

I didn't realize how much it had concerned her until her teachers told me she'd been practicing writing her name all morning and asking them if she was doing better. She's paid attention to how much big brother has worked on handwriting this year.

My sweet girl just warms my heart.

Watching her reminds me of how Jesus must look at us. He wants us to succeed. he wants us to be the Godly people we are called to be, working for the glory of His Kingdom.

When we go out there and do that thing He's called us to do? Oh how His heart must burst with pride.

As I think about some of the hard things God has sometimes called me to do-my first thought is,
"Oh how easy it would be just to ignore this and settle for less than my best...God's best for me."

But after I push past that initial backing away, it's like working on writing my name for a preschooler. Day in and day out, pressing toward the mark, it always makes for a more fulfilling outcome.

When we picked her up from preschool yesterday, the first thing that she asked was, "Do I get to go to Kindergarten mom? Did they say that I'm ready?"

"Yes ma'am, you're good to go," I told her. She pumped both little fists in the air and yelled, "Yes!"

It was one of those finer days of motherhood.

The kind where you feel like the good that is being poured into your child is finally starting to sink in and pay off. Watching them blossom into the beautiful person that God created just for them to be is a beautiful thing.

My heart looked toward heaven and I said yes too.

Yes Lord, send me on to Kindergarten….I want all you've got in store for me.

Post a Comment