Ten Blessings Found In Winter Weather

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Back a long time ago in the olden days of summer, one could not have imagined the white beauty that sits outside my window this morning.

After living in the frigid north for the better part of my adult life, I assumed that we wouldn't be getting many snow days down here in Knoxville.

Think again.

I don't assume the children will be back to school at all this week seeing as how the power is touch and go at this point.

And you know what? That is fine with me.


I've quickly come to realize there's a great amount of blessing in this trapping in caused by the weather conditions. 

1) Snow days. Because well, who doesn't? I was a kid once, I remember what that's like.

2) Power outages. Yes, you read that right. The blessings of sitting by the fire, telling stories and reading books by flashlight....almost makes me wish we lived in the era before. Almost.

3) Ice. Snow. It can be dangerous and slippery but there's hardly anything more beautiful.

4) Late mornings. No schedule, no rushed breakfast, nobody's going anywhere so eat that cereal as slow as you'd like children.

5) Sledding. Haven't done this yet but yes ma'am it's ON for later today.

6) Appreciation. Sometimes you don't stop to think twice about how nice the common day conveniences like stocked pantries, electricity, warm water and such are until they're missing.

7) Cancelled everything. I like to stack a calendar full just as well as the next person. But sometimes white space is underrated.

8) Books. If you're like me, you love a good book but hardly ever take time to sit down and read. Well friend, there's been a lot of reading going on over here the past few days. Sophie Hudson, Beth Moore, the Holy Bible and I CAN READ by abeka curriculum in Kindergarten. Smile.

9) De-Cluttering. A day inside is a good day to purge. I'm thinking we're going to come away from this snow storm a lot more clean.

10)  (This one is unique to us, but I'm sure it could be applied to any family in a different way.) Rest time for Tanner. I think we pushed him a little too hard to go back to school at the end of the week last week, so this extra break is an added blessing of time to heal. 

Be blessed in the cold sweet friends-it will be spring time soon!


Post a Comment